Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

I honestly cant believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  Where has the year gone?  This time of year is always my favorite and my least favorite at the same time.  So many exciting things happen, with turkey day, and then my birthday a week later, and then family parties and ultimately Christmas and New Years.  Although I am a grown up, I cant help but admit that Christmas and my birthday are still my favorite holidays (yes, my birthday IS a holiday).  I love getting gifts and celebrating with my family and friends.  Yes, giving gifts is fun too, but I am not one of those people who would rather give than receive.

Anyways, here is my list of what I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:

1.) That my parents are driving 6 hours to come celebrate the holiday with us in New Jersey
2.) that the tree department finally picked up all our branches from the Halloween snow storm
3.) That I have a home where I can host Thanksgiving dinner with our family and actually enjoy it
4.) My new DV shoes that I havent stopped wearing for a week
5.) Our fireplace
6.) For the husband, who makes more messes than a toddler
7.) For the husband, who cleaned the upstairs yesterday
8.) For my family, be it my brother in Texas or my in-laws. Not many people can say they have a family that gets along as well as mine does and i truly appreciate them all
9.) The pup
10.) football tomorrow, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday
11.) frozen hot chocolate
12.) pies, stuffing and gravy
13.) For my king size bed, where my perfect little family sleeps each night
14.) For health and happiness, sarcasm and humor.


Wishing everyone a very happy Thanksgiving with their families and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment