Friday, July 29, 2011

Fireplace

Our fireplace is brick.  Dirty, ugly, nondescript brick colored with stains on it.  With the mantle being a real focal point in our living room, i have been going back and forth for months over whether to paint the brick at all, and if I did paint it, whether to go dark and bold with black, light with white, or somewhere in between with contrasting tiles.  It just so happens that this weekend, I am home alone for 3 straight days.  Danger Danger.  This is typically when I get a little crazy and do projects that the husband wouldnt necessarily approve with (I figure if he is away while I do it, he cant say no).  So whats on tap this weekend?  Oh, maybe a little trim and closet door painting in the master bedroom, and most definitely some ugly brick painting.  Inspiration...here it is:








No comments:

Post a Comment