Monday, August 24, 2009

Why Rush Home?

Living in New Jersey definitely has its down sides, and the long drive home from Massachusetts is positively one of them. On a normal Sunday in MA, we wake up as early as possible, rush to pack up our stuff (and our dog) and hit the road. A few weekends ago, after my cravings for a lobster roll wouldnt go away, we decided to give in and make a short detour in Mystic CT. I hadnt been there since I was 11 years old, but almost of all of the town was exactly the same as it had been back then. We got a quick bite (of course a lobster roll and fried clams, finished off with pistachio soft serve), and embarked on a lazy journey (pooch and all) around the waterfront. Let me preface this by saying it was 95 degrees out, and our journey ended up being a 30 minute walk before the pooch quit walking and husband had to actually pick him up and carry him back to the car. Anyways, I snapped these photos during our walk.

PS- The house below is my absolute dream house. It has it's own pond, pool, waterfront property, a 4 car garage, 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 2 (white) kitchens and all the charm of a nautical historic home. I fell in love at first sight and cosidered strolling up and asking the owners for a tour, but after taking a look at my hungover self in the car window, it nixed the thought. It sold for a cool 1.8 million last summer. Just a bit out of my price range I suppose.






No comments:

Post a Comment